BACTOCELL is a feed additive based on a live lactic acid bacteria (Pediococcus acidilactici MA 18/5M). It is registered and authorized in the European Union as a gut flora stabilizer under the zootechnical feed additives category and is available in many other countries outside the EU.
BACTOCELL is a homofermentative bacteria selected for its ability to convert non-digestible complex carbohydrates into L+ lactic acid.
It is able to survive throughout the gut and plays an important role in microflora balance, intestinal system maturity and digestive efficiency.
* Not all products are available in all markets nor associated claims allowed in all regions.
Click on the icon to select a species:
BACTOCELL is the first aquaculture probiotic authorized for use in fish and shrimp within the European Union, a guarantee of its safety, quality and efficacy. The active ingredient, Pediococcus acidilactici MA 18/5M, is among the most scientifically and technically documented probiotic strain used today in aquaculture.
BACTOCELL contributes to a better digestive health of fish and shrimps and thus optimizes performance by:
- Stabilizing and safeguarding the gut microflora
- Supporting gut integrity and nutrient uptake
- Supporting the natural defenses of fish and shrimp
Use BACTOCELL as part of aquaculture best management practices improves sustainability through the reduction of the use of chemicals substances. Applications and mode of actions of BACTOCELL are supported by a strong scientific and on-farm documentation. Ask your Lallemand local representative for more details. Two formulations have been developed for standard aquaculture practices:
- BACTOCELL PA10: Concentrated formula for applications in aquafeed
- BACTOCELL Aqua 100: Specific formula for applications in fish and shrimp hatcheries