Alkosel® 3000 is a specific inactivated whole cell yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) product containing the essential trace element selenium in its natural food form, L(+) selenomethionine.
It is produced by growing yeast in the presence of measured amounts of selenium. This specific yeast strain absorbs selenium and biochemically transforms it into the highly bioavailable L(+) selenomethionine and other seleno-proteins.
Selenomethionine is naturally found in edible plant protein but only at very low concentration. It is the most suitable form of selenium for animal nutrition
* Not all products are available in all markets nor associated claims allowed in all regions.
Safety and performance
The Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast strain used for the manufacture of ALKOSEL® has been selected for its unique properties in the bioconversion of selenium.
The most consistent source of bioavailable Selenium
- Selenomethionine is recognized as more bioavailable than sodium selenite thanks to a unique mode of absorption. The high concentration of Semet in Alkosel guarantees improved Selenium absorption within the small intestine.
- A quality control that exceeds the highest standards:
- The total selenium content in ALKOSEL® 3000 is guaranteed to be 3000ppm±200 ppm and is almost totally in organic form (>98%).
- Selenomethionine content in ALKOSEL® 3000 is routinely determined by HPLC and guaranteed on the certificate of analysis of each manufacturing batch.
ALKOSEL® is regsitered by the CFIA and in Mexico.
Dairy cattle, Beef, and young ruminants
- Improves Selenium status in blood and tissues and maintains the availability of selenium during periods of stress
- Better natural defenses of the animal under situations leading to increased oxidative stress (heat stress, end of lactation period, sanitary stress, transportation, …)
- Supports optimal nutrition and reproductive performance (fertility, cleansing)
- Improves Selenium transfer from cow to calf
- Improves Selenium content in animals’ end products (improved beef meat quality…)
Total selenium in feed material from all sources must not exceed 0.5 ppm. Follow label directions.