Specifically designed functional hydrolyzed yeast: YELA PROSECURE
YELA PROSECURE is a specifically designed hydrolyzed yeast. It offers highly digestible and functional nutrients that support animal performance, digestive care, and feed palatability while contributing to the feed protein balance.
YELA PROSECURE is an innovative feed material (Regulation (EU) No 68/2013) that can be used in all animal species.
* Not all products are available in all markets nor associated claims allowed in all regions.
At Lallemand, we have been working on the screening of different feed-grade yeast biomasses and on the optimization of their production process, which led to the development of YELA PROSECURE. A controlled hydrolysis process is applied with the addition of specifically selected exogenous enzymes to the biomass, ensuring high nutrient digestibility and functionality while being reliable and volume available.
YELA PROSECURE provides functional nutrients with dual action:
- In the upper gut: highly digestible proteins, high level of free digestible amino acids and small peptides, early and fast amino acids absorption kinetic.
- In the lower gut: fermentable carbohydrates inducing a late energy release.
Animals trials conducted on commercial and research farms confirmed the value of YELA PROSECURE in improving animal performances and farm profitability.
Piglets fed YELA PROSECURE showed:
- Significant improvement in body weight (an increase of 17% at 18 days post-weaning), significant improvement in average daily feed intake, average daily gain and feed conversion ratio (a decrease of 15%) when YELA PROSECURE partially replaced soybean meal.
- Significant improvement in body weight (an increase of 7% at 21 days post-weaning), significant improvement in average daily feed intake, average daily gain and feed conversion ratio (a 4% decrease), when YELA PROSECURE was used to replace fishmeal. These positive effects were even more important for the smallest piglets, an important parameter to take into account for the homogeneity of the group.
Ultimately, YELA PROSECURE offered a positive economic strategy to improve piglet performance while contributing to the feed protein balance.
Preference trials in pets showed the potential of YELA PROSECURE to enhance feed palatability.
Today, we are seeing some of the key market drivers that are putting pressure on the supply of feed materials. These include the global increase in animal production, competition between food and feed in terms of edible protein, supply chain challenges, price volatility, the context of reducing medication practices, as well as increasing demands for more sustainable feed.
The development of new functional feed ingredients is a growing trend that can help address some of these concerns. As such, yeast-based ingredients are seen as promising solutions.
YELA PROSECURE is produced to ensure optimal flow within industrial processes and a homogenous distribution in premixtures and compound feeds.
YELA PROSECURE is compatible with most feed ingredients and is stable in all animal feed types (mash, pellets, or liquids).
YELA PROSECURE is packaged in 25 kg bags or 800 kg big bags.
Store in a cool and dry place, in its original unopened packaging. Shelf life and composition of YELA PROSECURE are guaranteed for 36 months from the date of production under these conditions.