BIOTAL Buchneri 40788
Biotal® Buchneri 40788 features the only active forage inoculant bacteria strain, Lactobacillus buchneri NCIMB 40788 that has been reviewed by the FDA to allow claims for reducing heating, yeast and mold spoilage for improved aerobic stability. Biotal Buchneri 40788 was specifically selected to help maintain higher quality, more hygienic feeds through improved aerobic stability.
To ensure you’re selecting the best silage inoculant for your operation, please use the Biotal online selector tool. Click here to try it!
The market leader, Biotal® brand premium inoculants feature specific, proprietary bacteria strains and enzymes chosen to deliver the most efficacious and reliable performance for forage and silage preservation.
* Not all products are available in all markets nor associated claims allowed in all regions.
Biotal Buchneri 40788 contains:
Lactobacillus buchneri NCIMB 40788
- Reduces heating and spoilage during feedout
- Breaks down cellulose, making it more accessible to fiber-digesting rumen microbes
Colony-Forming Units (CFU):
- 400,000 CFU/grams of fresh forage
- 600,000 CFU/grams of high moisture corn
- Along with Lactobacillus buchneri NCIMB 40788, Biotal Buchneri 40788 includes high activity feed enzymes that help direct fermentation and increase fiber digestibility.
Biotal Buchneri 40788 is used for:
- High moisture corn/earlage/snaplage/baleage
- Haylages over 35% DM
- Corn silage above 30% DM
- Silages to be fed during warmer temperatures
- Ensiling silage that will be transported or relocated
- Slower than ideal feedout rates
- Crops exposed to conditions that cause yeast and mold growth in the field
As with all Biotal forage inoculants, Biotal Buchneri 500 has shown consistent performance through numerous laboratory and farm studies. This dedication to product efficacy is what makes Biotal the world’s premium forage inoculant brand.
Biotal Buchneri 40788 helps achieve improved aerobic stability which leads to:
- Less spoilage
- Less heating
- Less molds
Water soluble formulations are available in a variety of sizes. When properly applied, Biotal® Buchneri 40788 will deliver 400,000 CFU/gram of silage or haylage or 600,000 CFU/gram of high moisture corn or grain.
Contact your Lallemand Animal Nutrition representative for local distributors in your area.